Friday, May 06, 2005

Are Press Releases Dead?

One of the biggest challenges I face as a writer is coming up with original, creative press releases when working under a tight deadline. Lately, I've also been asking myself: Are press releases a waste of my time?

Press releases can help drive additional traffic to your website. We must now focus not only on writing something newsworthy and catchy, but optimizing the release for the web.

Rather than compile a bunch of tips on SEO for press releases, here are some resources I've found useful:

Press Releases New SEO Back Door To Top Rankings
By Greg Jarboe, President and co-founder of SEO-PR

Increase Your Search Engine Exposure – Optimize Your Press Releases
By James Peggie, Elixir Systems

Press Releases Can Increase Search Engine Positioning
By Karon Thackston, Search Engine Guide

6 Comments:

Blogger Armand Rousso said...

Press releases are certainly a very effective instrument of securing high rankings on search engines.

They are difficult to create given the restictions in the reading habits on the web but nevertheless, they are very much alive and kicking and can breathe life into the website they represent by attracting more eyeballs towards it!

Carry on with your unique style!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Internet Marketer Azhar said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! I'll make sure to visit regularly.

If you want your blog to get higher in search engines, why not try Link Metro, you can over 100 new links to your blog every single day, for FREE!

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very impressed by your blog, It is full of great information. I found it by searching for " seo uk " on Google.

I have started a blog directory and would like to personally invite you to post your blog. Its free and will help you in your search rankings.

if you have any questions email me at admin@big3post.com and I will get back to you within a 24 hrs.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about adwords cmd com google login main select You should check it out sometime.

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!

so cant wait for ur next post! :)

Thanks!!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Not more information about bling bling video! Seems to be so much around and it makes me feel old not knowing it even existed until now. If you want to get your hands on some bling bling stuff. Try this site out bling bling video

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home